Product Review websites abound on the internet, but they’re not even close to all being equal when it comes to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites appear to be unbiased at first, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, to enable them to generate income via affiliate links.
Below are a few methods to assess in case a site along with its owner(s) are just within it for the investment, or if perhaps they offer honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented reviews:
1. Who Runs the web page? An actual review website could have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the web page (and oftentimes why they started it.) Way too many sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are really run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, if in fact their sole intent would be to only recommend every product they write about.
2. Perform the Reviewers or Site Owners Get The Products Themselves? This can be a critical factor for review integrity. Much like scientific research, there is a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of any product in the event the reviewer did not pay it off himself. The reality that a reviewer will pay for the product(s) him or herself speaks volumes about their impartiality and ability to remain objective during the course of the review.
3. Does the site Review an Array of Products or Just One Single? A web site that reviews a variety of products is more prone to be neutral along with a true review site compared to a site where only zion product reviews. Why would someone go to the trouble of building a website for only one product and after that give it a negative review? Needless to say the review is going to be positive (although occasionally they might throw in a negative comment or two to provide the look of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are favored by affiliate marketers because the major search engines give strong weight to using keywords inside the domain address (url title.) In case the product being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then employing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will most likely give that site a higher position in the search engines.
4. Carry out the Reviewers Just Have Positive Points to Say about the Products They Review? A really neutral product review website could have both good and bad reviews. If each of the reviews on a site are glowing, and each and every product is endorsed, then there’s a great bet that the reviewer is serving their own interests instead of the ones from the customer.
5. Does the Review Headline Make use of the Word ‘Scam’? This can be a classic tactic used by lots of unscrupulous reviewers to utilize keywords inside the title or even give the look of shoring the trust factor. A sample uoncvg might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a gimmick?” – as it utilizes the keyword phrase inside the title, along with that phrase will mirror what people enter in the search box if they have questions regarding an item.
These are just a few key factors to search for when assessing the integrity of a product review website. Remember that honest product review sites are available. As being a a consumer, you have to evaluate a site’s integrity prior to deciding to trust its reviews